“Broken Information Systems” and the Rise of a New Paradigm Structure
By Brooke Hart
At the heart of many issues being magnified today are “broken information systems.” In Bill Clinton’s recent Commencement Address for 2020, “In This Together,” he highlights one of the many core problems coming into play and contributing to a system that needs a sore upgrade.
“Seething resentments and a broken information system have empowered those who – for profit and power for themselves – are willing to inflame our worst instincts. It’s put your future, our democracy, and our very planet at risk.” Bill Clinton’s Commencement Address, 2020 “In This Together”
The question becomes what and how the system of information has been broken and how it has impacted the global community. Understanding core issues will also widen the understanding of how to infiltrate a new system that is accurate, reliable, and which creates a continuous sense of transparency for the global community.
Exploring the Depth of Broken Information Systems
While Clinton made a strong statement relating to broken information systems, there are many layers to the core problem of systemic failure that is impacting society.
The ability to access general and true information, as well as withholding other forms of data from the general public, is one of the issues which are central to today’s society. The current pandemic has showcased how this has led to states of confusion as well as the inability to find transparency. The issue creates a response system that is related to one’s personal well-being, changes relationships within society, and dents into the global community.
The policies which are at the heart of information systems are followed by the placement of information and how this is able to psychologically shift one’s perspective. As many know, placement is key to increase the response systems of individuals. By changing the wording with information as well as the general relationship to design, there is a creation of something more powerful than a sword – the use of wording and how one relates to it.
Of course, the displays and presentation of content are a core issue that is superseded by a technical algorithm, held in the power of those who have determined the best use policies of the technical applications. These have become responsible for presentation, placement, and transparency. The algorithm creates confusion and a structure that heightens misinformation.
This approach alone has the power to disseminate information when individuals do not, creating a lack of transparency and inability to decipher the relationship between opinion, commentary, paid data, and true information.
The core of information systems was designed to function in a specific way, using outdated methods for a global society that relies on data and information to understand their personal decisions and to engage within the global community. When this is driven by algorithms and policies alone, it creates veiled illusions that have a direct impact on the decisions we make as a whole.
Introducing the New Information Paradigm
What is now coming into the light is what the UnaHub founders have known for years, and through the envisioning of a new system, have created the state-of-the-art, new paradigm infrastructure. The focus and intention of UnaHub are to counteract the core issues which are at play, specifically with the understanding that as a whole, we are more reliant on data and information with our interactions within society.
1. Blockchain to quantum application transparency. New algorithmic structures within the blockchain are designed for transparency and anonymity. With this approach alone, it counteracts the issue of irrelevant or missing data, specifically creating new levels of discernment, transparency, and trust.
2. True information. The UnaHub infrastructure highlights true information, providing true sources as the central formula to gather data. The true information is discerned from the source and is read by AI. Related information is then discerned by relevancy to the true source, allowing users to understand facts first.
3. Categories and organization. It’s not possible for an end-user to have an experience and relationship to information without understanding what it is first. The library system organizes categories as well as fiction to non-fiction. Yet, the current information systems have little to no organization, developed only through resource allocation and policy acceptance. Without properly organizing sources, information, and relationships to true information, it is impossible for users to discern what is available, creating psychological confusion. The UnaHub AI, quantum application, blockchain system works through this issue, giving users the right to discern data that is available and how it can be used.
4. Free information adherence. The use of blockchain, quantum infrastructures override the current system to allow free information flow between users. While there is discernment through organization and categories, users have the right to gain access to all data and draw their conclusions. This approach creates transparency and evolution within society as a whole.
5. Hyperspeed transactions. Data and information not only impacts the psychological association with how users and communities perceive information. Direct relationships to transactions and monetary figures are also changing within the community. Creating a relationship between data and currency, especially through blockchain practices, are able to alter the association and approach to information systems and our ability to have our well-being connected without confusion or loss.
Whoever Has the Data, Has the Power
Content is known to carry power that can change and shift power structures and those who reside in certain areas.
With the movement of information and data, we must look closely at who has the power over data and how this is used.
When the information is held within a certain structure, that entity holds a significant amount of power to use, manipulate, and transform the data in certain ways.
When the information is shared in P2P networks, such as the blockchain, and used with a structural system that integrates transparency and organization, the interaction of power foundationally changes.
It isn’t a mistake that big data is continuing to rise in industrial net worth and that reliance on AI and technical systems are gaining momentum and traction within the community.
But the question now is – how will we evolve the system? Now that we see the possibilities and potential of technology, our choices must become more conscious of how we interact with the entity of information and the way it molds and shapes society as a whole.
Now that the problem has been gracefully pointed out and set before us, our decision relies on how we decide to distribute and relate to content, data, and information that is presented to the global society.